- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take out the Finance Package;
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us;
- Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering;
- Manage your account(s);
- Trace and recover debts; and
- Ensure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
2. If you are making a joint application or tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
3. Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Where you borrow from us (such as where you take out a Finance Package with us), we will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for six (6) years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
4. Please ensure the information you provide about yourself is true as it will be checked. If you give payday loans in tennessee us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
5. If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts or the asset.
6. Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of Data Protection Laws.
When you apply to us take out a Finance Package, we will check the following records about you and others (see 2 below):
This is a condensed version and if you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used please contact us on the details in the ‘CONTACT DETAILS AND COMPLAINTS’ section.
You can contact Lending Metrics at the address above in writing to request the information that they hold about you (please note, a small statutory fee may be payable).
The details in this policy relating to the third parties in this section are for your information only. Further information about the CRAs, their role as fraud prevention agencies, the data they hold, the ways in which they use and share personal information, data retention periods and your data protection rights with them are explained in more detail within the Credit Reference Agency Information Notice ( CRAIN) accessible from the credit reference agency’s websites (see above for link).
When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders
CRAs have a legal duty to explain the purposes and legal basis for processing your personal data. Please always refer to the CRAs’ privacy policies on their websites (see above) for such information. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of these third party recipients of your personal data.